Formula 1 gossip: Lewis Hamilton, Aston Martin, Marcin Budkowski

Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton posted a number of images on social media in support of NFL players

Wednesday, 27 September

Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has shown his support for NFL players who have protested by not standing during the national anthem. (Sun)

Aston Martin President and CEO Andy Palmer says the British manufacturer is eager to build its own engines but it will depend on the future regulations set to be introduced in 2021. (Crash.net)

McLaren executive director Zak Brown is backing the idea of a budget cap and would be open to compromise on the special payment it receives. (Autosport)

Felipe Massa
Williams driver Felipe Massa has been acclimatising in the 32 degree heat in Malaysia

Marcin Budkowski, the head of the FIA’s Formula 1 technical department, has resigned with immediate effect. (Motorsport)

Tuesday, 26 September

Haas F1 Team
Haas F1 Team driver Romain Grosjean is looking forward to Malaysia and posted a picture of himself on Twitter training hard

Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo believes the team have made the most of the season so far, which looked set to be dismal. (GP Update)

McLaren Honda’s Spanish driver Fernando Alonso says the configuration of their car will work against them at the Malaysian Grand Prix. (The Statesman)

The ‘Stegosaurus’ introduced to Force India’s car will help them generate downforce, according to experts. The addition to the car comprises more than 30 small fins to the top of its engine cover. (Autosport)

McLaren team boss Eric Boullier says lack of competitiveness during their partnership with Honda has been hugely damaging to credibility. (ESPN F1)

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says the team must ensure they do not misjudge their own level of performance after a “surprise” result in Singapore when placing first and third. (Formula1.com)

Jolyon Palmer has turned down a financial deal to leave Renault early and will not be replaced by Carlos Sainz before 2018. (Planet F1)

Monday, 25 September

Pascal Wehrlein has had two top 10 finishes this season, including his eighth place result in Spain
Pascal Wehrlein has had two top-10 finishes this season, including eighth in Spain

Aston Martin president and CEO Andy Palmer said his company could look to get involved in F1 as an engine manufacturer after Red Bull announced a new sponsorship deal in 2018. (Formula 1.com)

Sauber team boss Fred Vasseur says Pascal Wehrlein still has a chance of retaining his seat next season despite pressure from Marcus Ericsson. (Auto Motor und Sport – Germany)

Three-time champion Lewis Hamilton says he has “no desire” to chase Michael Schumacher’s record of seven world titles. (Motorsport)

Red Bull Twitter

Paul di Resta could line up for Williams next year as they look to find a suitable partner for Lance Stroll. (Motorsport magazine)

McLaren slumped to a £6m loss last year – down from a £4m profit in 2015. (This is money)

Max Verstappen’s father, Jos Verstappen, says Sebastian Vettel escaped punishment for the crash at the Singapore Grand Prix for political reasons.

Admin

Related Posts

Worcestershire v Durham: Hosts promoted to Division One

Comments Off on Worcestershire v Durham: Hosts promoted to Division One

Wuhan Open: Agnieszka Radwanska beaten by Ashleigh Barty in last 16

Comments Off on Wuhan Open: Agnieszka Radwanska beaten by Ashleigh Barty in last 16

West Ham and Spurs charged with failing to control players in London derby

Comments Off on West Ham and Spurs charged with failing to control players in London derby

Ashes 2017: Ben Stokes, James Vince & Gary Ballance in England squad

Comments Off on Ashes 2017: Ben Stokes, James Vince & Gary Ballance in England squad

Pep Guardiola: Gary Lineker on meeting Man City boss for The Premier League Show

Comments Off on Pep Guardiola: Gary Lineker on meeting Man City boss for The Premier League Show

Harry Kane can become Tottenham’s greatest striker

Comments Off on Harry Kane can become Tottenham’s greatest striker

Women’s Super League: FA approves one-tier, full-time structure for 2018-19

Comments Off on Women’s Super League: FA approves one-tier, full-time structure for 2018-19

Create Account



Log In Your Account